Chicken, leeks, cider, cream and butter. All my favourite ingredients are in this Normandy dish. With these few ingredients it makes a simple and quick, yet delicious, mid-week supper. It’s a refreshing change from Spaghetti Bolognese, don’t you think? Pork can easily be substituted for the chicken. Go ahead and treat yourself.
Creamy cider chicken recipe with tagliatelle pasta and leeks. Irresistible creamy cider sauce worth trying! You can combine with any other types of pasta. Jazz up with fresh herbs like parsley.
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- 400g (14 oz) boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 210ml (7 fl oz) dry cider
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthways and finely sliced across
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) double cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) snipped chives, to garnish
- Melt butter in a pan and cook the leeks 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces to the leek and fry for 8 minutes, turning them occasionally.
- Season, add cider and simmer for 5-7 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives.
- Serve on a bed of white rice or with pasta.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg