This steamed cod recipe is easy and quick to prepare. This healthy white fish dish is best served with seasonal vegetables and sauce vierge.
- 4 cod fillets, weighing about 180g (6oz) each
- 15ml (1 tbsp) cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dill, washed and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tarragon, washed and finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) freshly ground white pepper
- 1.25ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Clean fish and pat dry.
- Mix the cilantro, dill tarragon, parsley, pepper, salt, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl and mix the ingredients together to form a thick paste.
- Bring water in the steamer or wok to a boil on high heat and steam the fish for 5 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the heat and slather the fragrant paste on top of each piece of fish.
- Pour away the liquid that condensed in the dish.
- Continue to steam the fish for another 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve with sauce vierge on the side.
- This recipe works for just about any type of fish fillet.
- Cooking times depend heavily on the thickness of the fish fillets. When the fish flakes easily at the touch of a fork, you know it’s done.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: steamed cod recipe, how to cook cod, best steamed fish, healthy cooking