Amaretto and coke is an age-old alcoholic beverage recipe. Typically, it is served as a long drink (sometimes with the addition of soda) and with some blocks of ice.
You can easily find it in bars and on the menu of many restaurants. However, there is no reason why you shouldn’t make this delicious boozy beverage at home. So, don’t be afraid to put your feet up.
If there was ever an excuse for purchasing a bottle of Amaretto Disaronno, then this Amaretto and coke cocktail is it.
Just think about the fact that you can also use the liqueur in baking recipes such as this cherry brandy torte or in these date balls with coconut and pistachio. The Amaretto is a lovely way to infuse all the flavours together.
In terms of taste, the Amaretto and coke cocktail is sweet with a slightly nutty flavour, coming from the ‘almond-like’ flavour profile of the Amaretto liqueur.
The best part of this amaretto and coke recipe, is the fact that it is a relatively low-alcohol drink. You can easily dilute the cocktail with more coke. The addition of the ice cubes also dilutes the alcohol even further.
If that’s not your thing, you can put your own spin on the cocktail and booze the drink up with more alcohol. The choice is entirely yours.
products you need for this recipeHere’s a list of the top products you need to know about when it comes to making this Amaretto and coke recipe:
- Amaretto Disaronno – Amaretto is one of my favourite liqueurs for drinking and cooking
- Rum – if you want to spice up your Amaretto and coke recipe adding rum
- Boozy cherries – add Amaretto cherries into the cocktail to make this cocktail fruitier
- Cocktail shaker set – you can make tons of cocktails at home with this set
- Ice cube tray – this Amaretto and coke cocktail wouldn’t be complete without a couple of ice cubes
- Dr Pepper – If you are not residing in the USA, then you might want to order Dr Pepper online as it is quite hard to come across anywhere else than in the USA
Amaretto and coke cocktail recipe
In case you haven’t noticed, I love mastering alcoholic cocktail recipes. This Amaretto and coke cocktail is no different. The Amaretto and coke cocktail recipe calls for two essential ingredients.
First, you’ll need to procure a bottle of Amaretto. In essence, Amaretto is a sweet Italian liqueur made out of these three elements: apricot stones, almonds, or peach stones.
All of these give the Amaretto liqueur its popular almond-like flavour. Amaretto originated in Saronno, Italy.
If you would like to inspire yourself with more cocktail ideas, check these out:
- Christmas gin cocktail recipe – a boozy and vibrant Christmas beverage
- Long beach iced tea – this drink is almost 3 times stronger than this Amaretto and coke recipe
- Toblerone cocktail – this is the drink for you if you’d like to enjoy a cocktail as a dessert
- Don Pedro drink – a creamy and strong alcoholic drink
- Incredible Hulk drink – a neon green cocktail recipe
What’s the best way to drink Amaretto?
There are a couple of ways you can enjoy Amaretto, apart from this Amaretto and coke recipe.
- It can be enjoyed alone (with or without the addition of ice cubes)
- Drink it with soda (that being said you can also add soda into the Amaretto and coke)
- Mix it with ginger beer. Take this ginger beer and gin cocktail as inspiration
- Make Amaretto sour if you fancy a sourer and drier alcoholic beverage
- Flavour it with herbs or a citrus
Do you have any other preferred way to enjoy Amaretto apart from this Amaretto and coke recipe? Let me know!
How to cook with Amaretto?
If you haven’t used up all of the Amaretto in the Amaretto and coke cocktail, you can use the liqueur to make both savoury and sweet recipes. For instance:
- Add a couple of shots into this pancake batter recipe
- Add a shot into this cream cheese frosting recipe to enhance the overall flavours (you can also add it into whipped cream)
- You can also add Amaretto into an ice cream recipe like this one
- Add a shot of Amaretto into this creamy sauce
In essence, you can add Amaretto liqueur into any type of baked recipes such as a pie, tart, crumble, you name it. You can also add it into meaty recipes, flavour patés, or to lighten up a creamy savoury sauce.
If you love cooking with alcohol, here are some other types of recipes which you might enjoy:
- brandied pears recipe – fantastic with meaty recipes or served alone
- Malva pudding – a South African moist dessert
- Amarula cheesecake – ever sampled the infamous African Amarula liqueur?
- brandy snaps – serve the Amaretto and coke cocktail with these sweet snaps
Amaretto and coke calories
Amaretto and coke is not a light drink, although it’s not heavy as regards the alcohol content. Both Amaretto liqueur and coke contain lots of sugar, so it is not the best in terms of calories. If you drink a couple of these during dinner, it might even fill you up.
Rum Amaretto coke
If you would like to booze up this Amaretto and coke cocktail, then just add a splash of rum. Amaretto and rum complement each other quite well. Moreover, the addition of rum will come in handy when the ice cubes start to dilute your drink.
Amaretto and Dr Pepper
If you would like to experiment with more flavours other than coke, then try this Amaretto and coke cocktail with Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper is a soft carbonated drink which originated in USA all the way back in 1885.
It is slightly sweeter than coke, and has a sharper, spicier flavour. In comparison, coke still contains more sugar. On the other hand, Dr Pepper contains caffeine. Both are excellent alternatives for this cocktail recipe.
If you like shots, check out Alien Brain Hemorrhage.
How would you enjoy this fantastic Amaretto and coke beverage? Alone or with a party of people? Let me know in the comments section below.Print
This Amaretto and coke cocktail recipetastes just like the one you can order in fancy bars or gourmet restaurants.
- 50ml (2fl oz) Amaretto
- 200ml (8fl oz) Coke, or equivalent
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour in the Amaretto, then Coke.
- Serve immediately.
In this case, we used a 1:4 ratio and the liqueur flavours the Coke beautifully. If you like your drink stronger, double up on the Amaretto and create a ratio of 1:2. You might get sloshed quickly!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: amaretto and coke, amaretto cocktail recipe, coke cocktail