Make these vegan oat cookies in a few easy steps! Made with coconut oil and chocolate chips, it love at first bite.
- 144g (1½ cups) White’s Jumbo Oats
- 125g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 80g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 5ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 200g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 112g (½ cup) coconut oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) golden syrup
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 15ml (1 tbsp) almond milk
- 100g (3 oz) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / 350°F / gas 4.
- Place the oats, flour, coconut, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Heat the coconut oil gently until it turns into liquid form.
- Stir the sugar into the oil, then add the syrup and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Use your hands and make sure it reaches a crumbly texture.
- Add the almond milk and chocolate chips.
- You’ll end up with a sticky mixture. Use your hands to form 2.5cm (1in) balls and place them on a lined baking tray. Gently press each ball down to form a flat disc.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and the edges firm.
- Remove from the oven and wait for 10 minutes for them to cool down.
- Transfer them to a cooling rack and wait for them to cool down completely.
- Store in an airtight jar. Not that they will last long! Enjoy!
- If the mixture is too crumbly, had a tiny bit more almond milk to make it wetter.
- Place the balls far apart because during the baking process they will expand sizeably in all directions!
- When you remove the cookies out of the oven, they will be soft. You’ll need to wait for them to cool down completely in order to harden up. They are lovely and chewy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oat cookies, vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe, vegan cookies with coconut oil