Are you a fan of kormas? Ever tried the fish variation? If not, leave the traditional chicken aside and give this incredibly tasty fish curry a go!
Fish korma recipe
This creamy fish recipe serves 4 and is utterly delicious. It will have you hungry for more by the time you've finished! The combination of the rich fragrant spices, the creamy coconut and the tender fish produces an incredibly tasty fish dish that all the family will love.
A creamy fish curry really is something to savour. With the right ingredients and a bit of practice, you can cook up something really special.
Items and ingredients you'll need
- These authentic Indian serving dishes add to the dining experience
- This amazing compact rice cooker produces perfect rice every time
- An authentic sauce mix
- A large high quality, easy to clean non-stick pan
- This great tasting and healthy vegetable oil complements the taste of fish and is great to add to curries. It's rapeseed oil, which is healthier than standard vegetable oil
- Creamed coconut to add that velvet texture
- Cinnamon sticks for a spicy sweetness
- Cardamom pods to add spicy fragrance to the fish
- Ground almonds to add a nutty crunch
- Garam masala to add heat
- Fresh ginger root and fresh garlic
- Single cream to add creaminess
- Cod fish fillets
- A pinch of salt
What type of fish is best for fish korma?
Indian cuisine is big on fish. From salmon fish korma and tuna fish to mackerel and cod fish, they love to cook fragrant meals with fish, vegetables, spices and salt to create big flavours.
When it comes to this creamy Indian fish classic, coley fish curry, salmon korma fish curry, or even the seafood fish variety is common. But by far the best type of fish to use in this recipe is cod. It's a meaty fish, so will absorb spices, salt and the wonderfully tasty sauce.
If you have time, why not make your own paste? It'll taste even better and will be extra rewarding.
Ever wondered how to make your own delicious paste? Here's how!
Best side dishes
There are plenty of great accompaniments for your spicy fish delicacy. Here are just a few:
- Try a bhindi or potato bhaji for a match made in heaven!
- Make your own peshwari naan for a perfect complement to your fragrant fish masterpiece
- For a bit of extra heat, check out this chutney with a killer zing!
- After you've cooked this amazing rice, you'll never want to eat plain rice again
Other delicious recipes
- An amazing, authentic Indian lamb and creamy coconut dish with big bold flavours
- A creamy, rich and mild coconut beef delicacy, with oh so tender meat
- A green vegetarian classic made with a traditional Indian cheese
- A spicy fish meal, cooked in coconut milk to keep the fish tender, that's utterly delicious
- A time honoured chicken and creamy coconut classic
- Healthy roasted green beans