- 6 medium eggs
- 300g (10 oz) sugar
- 150g (5 oz) butter
- juice and grated rind of 3 large, juicy lemons
- Lightly beat the eggs and place in an earthenware jug.
- Add the sugar, butter, lemon juice and rind and stand the jug in a saucepan of simmering water over a low heat.
- Cook, stirring regularly, until the curd thickens to about the consistency of custard (it will thicken as it cools).
- Pour into jars and allow to cool thoroughly before adding lids.
- Keep refrigerated and use within two weeks.
- For those of you who prefer smooth lemon curd, omit the lemon rind or sieve the curd immediately after cooking.
- Use unwaxed lemons if you can find them.
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 48 g
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 145 mg