You are hungry, but in a hurry. You want something simple, yet a tad extravagant. It should be easy, but must impress even the fussiest guests. Voila! Here’s your solution. Only two ingredients are needed in this soup. By the way, did I mention TWO??? Salt and pepper don’t count! Believe it or not, this dish is ready in ten minutes. Oh, did I forget to point out that it takes only TEN minutes to make??? Full of vitamins and fibre, sometimes simple is best!
Making the creamy pea soup is the perfect idea when it is colder outside or if you are just looking for a winter warmer soup recipe. Garnish with herbs.
- 500g (1 lb) peas, fresh or frozen
- 200g (½ lb) crème fraîche
- parsley, for garnishing
- Blanch the peas for 2-3 minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Tip the peas into a blender and add just enough of the liquid (about 500ml/1 pint) to cover and whiz to a smooth purée.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add all but 60g (4 tbsp) of crème fraîche and pulse for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour the soup into warm bowls and dollop the reserved crème fraîche on top. Serve immediately.
- There are other alternatives to the crème fraîche being used in this recipe, like single (running) cream, double (whipping) cream and even milk. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg