Kinder Bueno bars and gooey chocolate make this perfectly balanced sweet brownie luscious and crave-worthy. The crispy wafer coated in milk chocolate and filled with hazelnut cream mixes into the brownie batter, giving it texture and a light crunch. These addictive Kinder Bueno brownies are super easy and a crowd pleaser for people of all ages!
Homemade brownies surpass store-bought boxed brownie batter any day. These insanely delicious and gooey chocolate brownies taste like the classic Kinder Bueno candy bar, with even more chocolate to indulge your sweet tooth. You’ll impress yourself with how easy and satisfying it is to make these homemade fudgy, delicious brownies.
This recipe is inspired by my Chocolate Orange Brownies and pairs great with this cooling Peppermint Ice Cream, made to be enjoyed with chocolate! These Kinder Bueno brownies are great for birthday parties, holiday potlucks, or just as a special treat when you have a strong craving for chocolatey goodness!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s decadent and rich
- It’s kid and adult friendly
- It’s easy to transport to an event or party
- You can make it in advance
Equipment Needed to Make This Recipe
- Heatproof Bowl – use a heatproof bowl to melt your chunks of dark chocolate and butter in the microwave before folding them into the brownie batter
- Stand Mixer – a stand mixer with a mixing bowl is the best tool to use to mix your eggs and sugar together. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can also use a handheld electric mixer or electric whisk. I don’t recommend using a hand whisk as it will take much longer and won’t do as good of a job.
- Spatula – use a rubber spatula to gently fold the melted butter and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Make sure not to overmix!
- Parchment Paper – line the baking tin with parchment baking paper in order to prevent the brownies from sticking, making them easy to remove.
- Baking Tin – for this recipe, use a 33 x 23 x 5 cm prepared square tin. It is important to use the correct size square tin to get the right thickness for your brownies.
- Offset Spatula – before baking your brownies, use an offset spatula to smooth the brownie batter. This step isn’t absolutely necessary but will give you a nice even brownie.
Ingredients You Need for This Recipe
- Caster Sugar – finely ground and sandy in texture, caster sugar incorporates easily into the eggs and blends well. You can use golden caster sugar or light brown sugar for a subtle deeper caramel flavor from the addition of molasses. Light brown sugar won’t change the appearance of the brownies.
- Dark Chocolate – melted dark chocolate gives these Kinder Bueno brownies a fudgy and intense flavor.
- Kinder Chocolate Bars – chunks of chopped Kinder chocolate bars filled with hazelnut spread are one of two headliners in these brownies. The creamy filling and loads of chocolate in this recipe are a great flavor match!
- Kinder Bueno Bars – similar to Kinder chocolate bars, but with a crispy wafer cookie thrown into the mix. Kinder Bueno brownies aren’t complete without chunks of these candy bars.
- Cocoa Powder – this 100% cocoa powder gives these Kinder Bueno brownies intense chocolate flavor without adding texture.
- Flour – use plain flour, or all-purpose flour, for this recipe for the best results.
Alternatively, to melt the butter and chocolate, you can place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir to accomplish the job.
How to Make This Recipe
Whisk the eggs and sugar together until foamy.
Melt the dark chocolate and butter together. Let it cool.
Add chocolate mixture, cocoa and flour to the egg mixture.
Add Kinder chocolate pieces.
Add Kinder Bueno segments.
Transfer to baking tin.
Decorate with Kinder Bueno pieces on top.
Let it cool, then chop into individual portions. Enjoy!
What to Serve/Pair With Your Kinder Bueno brownies
This homemade brownie recipe stands alone as a decadent dessert that will serve as a cure for any sweet tooth. If you want to accompany it with a beverage or even more delicious sweets, here are a few suggestions to pair with it.
Wash down your Kinder Bueno brownies with a boozy concoction!
- Toblerone Cocktail – following the theme of candy bars, this drink is rich and creamy and features grated Toblerone as a garnish. Perfect to compliment your Kinder Bueno brownies.
- Chocolate Amarula Cocktail – perfect for a real chocoholic, this cocktail is made with Amarula, a South African liqueur that is fruity and creamy.
- Rumchata Eggnog – fitting around the holidays, enjoy this Rumchata eggnog cocktail along with your brownies
Perhaps a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of cream would accompany these fudgy Kinder Bueno brownies properly.
- Eggnog Cream – another holiday treat, eggnog cream is simple and gives basic whipped cream a little extra flavor
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream – find the inner child within with a scoop of this peanut butter and jelly ice cream alongside your Kinder Bueno brownies
- Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream – why not try an ice cream with candy mixed into it as a double treat? Ferrero Rocher has a similar texture and flavor to Kinder Bueno bars.
Use a thin cocktail stick to test your brownies before they come out of the oven. If the stick comes out mostly clean in the center of the tray, the brownies are done. Remember that the brownies will continue to cook for a short while once removed.
Popular Substitutions for This Recipe
You can make this recipe less sweet by omitting one of the candy bars in the recipe. Just cut the amount in half for fewer chunks and more brownie batter.
Variations to This Recipe
Add white chocolate hazelnut spread that has been slightly melted into your brownies. To make an eye-catching design on top, place spoonfuls on the top of the brownie batter and drag a cocktail stick through them to make a swirl before sprinkling with chunks of chopped Kinder Bueno bar.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
Store the brownies in a sealed container at room temperature. They should last up to a week.
Can This Recipe be Made in Advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe a day ahead, but I recommend eating them when they are fresh as they are the most ooey gooey chocolate brownies then.
Can This Recipe be Scaled?
Yes, you can scale this recipe up or down by halving or doubling it. You will need a second baking tin if you plan to bake both batches at once or a smaller tin if you halving.
Other Desserts You’ll LovePrint
Kinder Bueno Brownies
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
If you have a sweet tooth this is the recipe for you. These delectable Kinder Bueno Brownies won’t last a day.
- 200g (7oz) butter
- 300g (10½oz) dark chocolate
- 5 large eggs
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 50g (1⅔oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g (5⅓oz) flour, sifted
- 250g (9oz) Kinder chocolate
- 250g (9oz) Kinder Bueno bars
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / gas mark 4.
- Place the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and zap it in the microwave in 10 second stints, stirring between heat cycles until everything is melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar for around 5 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in volume and is pale in colour.
- Pour the cooled melted chocolate liquid to the egg mixture and fold systematically until well incorporated.
- Gently fold the cocoa powder and flour into the mixture. Try to preserve as much of the air as possible.
- Break the Kinder chocolate and Kinder Bueno bars into pieces. Reserve a few Kinder Bueno pieces to decorate the brownie on top.
- Fold the chocolate pieces into the batter, then tip everything into a lined 33 x 23 x 5 cm (9 x 13 x 2in) baking tin. Using a spatula, even the batter out to an even layer, then decorate with the remaining Kinder Bueno pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or when a hardened crust has formed around the edges and the center has a slight jiggle. The top of your brownie should be matte and no longer shiny, at which point you should also see a thin film formed on the top of your brownies that have cracked.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely. Cut into 24 squares and serve however you like, whether it be straight or with accompaniments such as ice cream. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, to melt the butter and chocolate, you can place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir to accomplish the job.
- For best results, use a stand mixer to get the whisking done in no time. In second place, an electric hand mixer can be used.
- Store the brownies within a sealed container. It should last up to a week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: kinder bueno brownies, kinder bueno recipe, kinder bueno dessert, kinder recipe
Homemade brownies are really the best! Thanks for the easy to follow recipe!
You’re welcome, Jenny!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing kinder bueno brownies recipe! they are really easy to bake and also tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
So glad you like them, Carol!