With summer almost on our doorstep, it’s time to get out the salad bowl and start experimenting with new flavours.
Weight Watchers currently has a popup restaurant, called WW Feel Good Cafe, in Shoreditch that closes on 23 May. A word of warning though, the address, 16 Hoxton Square, sends you on a wild goose chase if you’re relying on Google Maps. If you don’t know London that well it’s best to ask for directions from the locals. By the way, the closest tube station is Old Street.
The idea of the popup restaurant is to show the general public that leading a healthy lifestyle doesn’t need to be difficult, especially when using convenience foods such as the Weight Watchers’ range to cook a meal. The restaurant’s menu consists of famous comfort foods that we’re all familiar with such as bacon butties and chicken fajita. Thus far the food has been incredibly well received and WW Feel Good Cafe is chock-a-block for lunch and dinner. Be sure not to miss out!
This salad is one of two salads available on the menu and is perfect for a scorcher of a day when you can’t stand the thought of eating anything meaty or heavy. The super nourishing combination of bitter leaves, earthy taste of pine nuts, sweet pomegranate and fruity orange finished off with grassy alfalfa work great. Why not try it for yourself?
If You’re a Salad Aficionado…
Blood Orange, Radicchio & Pomegranate Salad
A vibrant salad that is perfect for the day it is to hot to cook.
- 200g (7oz) blood orange segments
- 160g (5oz) radicchio, roughly chopped
- 80g (3oz) pomegranate seeds
- 60g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 20ml (1⅓ tbsp) olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4g (1 pinch) alfalfa
- Toss the orange, radicchio, pomegranate and pine nuts in a bowl.
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together and drizzle over the salad.
- Top the salad with a pinch of alfalfa.
If you can’t get hold of blood oranges, you can use traditional oranges. This salad is worth 4 Weight Watchers Propoints.
Serving Size 137g
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.6 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Sodium 10 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.4 g
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 3.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
More Salad Recipes Around The Web
- Chickpea, feta, caper & watercress salad with a pesto dressing
- Blood Orange, Fennel & Pistachio Salad
- American-style chopped salad
- Mackerel salad recipe with beetroot, apple and walnut
P.S. This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers.
save the recipe to your pinterest board